Transporting cables and cable hauling can be a difficult task. It involves loading, unloading and the transportation of cables. Cables can be of different types and made out of different materials.Therefore, each type of cable requires transportation and hauling in a different way. Cables can sustain damage very easily in multiple ways. Since they are large and expensive, it is crucial to keep them safe since even a little damage can cost you a lot. The real issue is transporting heavy cables that require your special attention.
Here are a few safety tips to follow when transporting heavy cables:
- In order to transport cables, use cable reels to prevent the damage in the first place.
- All reels must be transported in an upright position. Do not ship reels while they are lying on their sides. This can cause severe damage to the cables and make them snag.
- Reels must be pushed or moved in a similar upright position by moving the cable with a reel mover or fork lifter.
- Use a cable dispenser stand for installing and dispensing reels of cable or other types of rope.
- Cables that have to be placed on other reels should be wrapped to prevent damages. When doing any sorts of adjustments in general, compare to the original reel for cable length.
- Install cable end caps on the ends of cables.
- Secure both ends of the cable.
Keeping the above safety measures in mind, your cable transportation will go well, without causing any damage to the cables.